Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Scaffolding URL issues

[eluser]JonFS[/eluser]
Hi there,

I am brand new to Code Igniter and firstly let me please just say that I really like the way everything is laid out . . . it all appears very easy to use.

I do however have one quick problem . . . I am following the video tutorial to create a web blog and I have got as far as viewing the scaffolding page

eg.

localhost/~jon/CodeIgniter/index.php/blog/scaffolding/

Now I am presented with the option to create a new record or view records, however instead of being taken to the view page that displays the form . . . the url is simple appended to read as follows:

localhost/~jonmalyon/CodeIgniter/index.php/blog/scaffolding/index.php/blog/scaffolding/add

I have taken a look at the scaffolding class and believe that it has something to do with the anchor function and the base-uri . . . but I am struggling.

I would really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this.

Cheers

Jon

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Look through your config.php - it doesn't seem like you set those settings correctly. I don't have CI loaded on this machine right now, but there is a setting for your full URL. The anchor function uses this to determine what your link will actually be - if this is blank, your link would become a relative link and not function (like yours above).

[eluser]JonFS[/eluser]
Thanks for your quick response,

I will take a quick look and let you know,

Regards

Jon

[eluser]JonFS[/eluser]
Worked a treat, I had left the base url blank and so it was creating a relative url and appending it to the end of the existing url.

Thanks

Jon

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB