Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DOs and DON'T s and Tips on using CI

[eluser]skillfullbus[/eluser]
Hello All,
I am very new to CI or in fact to PHP frameworks itself. I have just tried out few examples from various frameworks just in order to decide which framework should I stick on to and finally after some googling and reading blogs I feel I should concentrate on CI.

Having said that I would like to know what are the DOs and DON'T s while using CI. And what tips can you give me to keep the development process less painful.

Thanks !

[eluser]imn.codeartist[/eluser]
have you gone through the user guide... if not then please go through it first

[eluser]Flemming[/eluser]
Yesterday I posted a reply and some example code for someone who was having problems with form validation. The example code I posted was a revelation to them apparently! I explained to them that when I started with CI, I downloaded Derek Allard's 'Bamboo Invoice' and looked thoroughly through his methods before starting work on my first project.

I'm not sure if Derek has updated his project to use the current version of CI but even if he hasn't it's a fantastic example of how to build a CI application. There are also many other projects you can look at for reference: http://codeigniter.com/projects/

The CI user guide is excellent but if you want real-world examples of how CI has been used effectively then I recommend you look at some of those!

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Do read the user guide

Do not ask about CodeIgniter 2.0! >Sad

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1259087272"]Do read the user guide

Do not ask about CodeIgniter 2.0! >Sad[/quote]

LOL I should have seen this coming..

[eluser]CodeTroll[/eluser]
Just going through the Bamboo application - lots of live examples of how to do stuff..

Thank you for the advice...

I won't mention CI 2.0 Tongue

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB