Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SharpEdge CMS

A Content Management System developed on codeigniter to kick-start a project. With Multiple Language support

Currently at Version 3.41.00 Available on github.
github.com/srpurdy/SharpEdgeCMS

You can read more about what features are included at github in the readme.
PurdyDesigns Website Design, Development. Also Including Web Hosting. Print Media, server deployment and management, and more!

Sounds interesting .. is there a working demo online available?

I added a demo at:
http://demo.sharpedgecms.com/

username: [email protected]
password: demodemo
PurdyDesigns Website Design, Development. Also Including Web Hosting. Print Media, server deployment and management, and more!

Hi guys,Thanks for your information.It's more useful to us.Thanks lotBlush

Looks nice with a complex admin functionality. well done!

For the fist review it looks on some places to overhelmd for me .. what types depends to what parts and so on.
Is there a in deph tutorial for the widget, assets, template, etc. system.

Looks nice and with a loot of functions .. did you find any big problems with CI3 Dev ?

Yeah I have to rewrite a bunch of things for 3.0. I wanted to wait for official release before going to 3.0. Right now I've only been doing tests with 3.0.

Thanks for the comments.
Widgets work as follows. There is two types of widgets.
HTML based. - This is basically you just type whatever content you want into the ckeditor window. Although you can use shortcodes as well.
File based. - You make a widget file in /sharpedge/widgets/ and make a view file for the widget in your theme folder under widget_views. This is basically more complex widgets using database or other functionality.

Widget groups. Allows you to combine multiple widgets and order them in the order you want them to appear on the frontend website. So for example lets say you have a login form on the sidebar and a list of categories. You can make 1 widget group to contain both of these widgets. Or in the case of multiple languages. You can have 2 English 2 French, 2 German etc all in 1 widget group. 4 widget locations within the template. These can be moved where ever you want. But for starters. "Content top, is above the main content, "Content Bottom" is below the main content. Side Top, the top of the side bar, and side bottom, bottom of the sidebar. This is somewhat redundant for the sidebar unless you hard-code content into the sidebar template file, but it can be moved somewhere else as well.

Hopefully that makes some sense. Smile

assets is actually old, and will be removed fairly soon. It serves no real purpose other than to upload files. "The assets folder" is where most of the CMS static files will be, images, js etc. You can optionally include some of your own into your theme. in the theme/default_bootstrap. (Although I suggest making your own theme as the default_bootstrap files get overwritten fairly regularly during updates)

The template system is just so you can create customer named layouts. So for example if you goto /shapedge/views/themes/default_bootstrap you will see container files. like container.php
You can create your own custom layout and name it whatever you like. When you add a new layout in the template system /my_new_layout than you just have a my_new_layout.php file in your theme folder that loads your header footer etc.

In the page system you would now be able to select "my_new_layout" as an optional layout for a page. So your pages can have different layouts and even different designs. Depending on what you are doing. Smile

I had someone working on docs for it awhile back, but they kind of ran away on me. I hope to have something more useful in this respect eventually, but if you do have any questions I can answer them.

Nice CMS out there mate! may i know what WYSIWYG Editor you are using?
Just a random guy from Internet

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB