Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MY_Model best library ?

[eluser]jeanv[/eluser]
Hi guys,

i just wanted to know what was the best CRUD library to use ? Is it better to use a crud library or an orm library ?

Thanks! Bye!

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
CRUD and ORM are not the same thing, and this is a very open ended and useless question.

What exactly are you looking for us to say?

Do you want your forms built for you on the fly?

Do you want something to help you generate your models for you?

There are loads of ORM libraries, have you used Google?

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?! :blank:

[eluser]jeanv[/eluser]
Waoww ! Ok ! sorry for asking something too large... (i'm not a native english speaker)

well i don't want my forms to to be built on the fly, i just want to use a crud library for common crud use (get by id, get all, update one, update many, delete etc...)

and yes i used google but it's not because i used google that i cannot ask to people that might have a personal point of view on this point (thing that google doesn't have...)

SO.... my question is: which CI CRUD library is the best to save time for common CRUD USE?

thanks

ps: this one seems to be very nice: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/134564/ Any comments ?

Haha I was mostly joking, no worries. The Rumbelow will have an answer for you on this one, I'll poke him.

[eluser]jeanv[/eluser]
Smile ok!

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
My CRUD library is the only recently updated, feature rich CRUD library that I'd ever use! It contains all the common CRUD functionality that you'll use, and is very customisable. If you're looking for a good ORM, DMZ is rather good.

Jamie

[eluser]jeanv[/eluser]
cool good news! thanks for replying!

[eluser]jeanv[/eluser]
in fact i think i don't really know what a ORM is... can please someone give me more details ? it would very helpul... i guess! Smile

Here is some great information on ORM.

[eluser]jeanv[/eluser]
awesome... ok... that's a shame, i thought codeigniter forum was a place for people to meet and to share. It's sometimes better to have a real discussion than to work alone but anyway, next time i will use my friend google more... sorry for disturbing guys!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB