Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sessions, IE, Frames

[eluser]JWarren[/eluser]
Hello, everyone-

I have a controller that is called in an iframe and ie is behaving (what I consider) strangely. Here's what is happening:

Controller:
Code:
header('P3P:CP="IDC DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT"');
print_r($_SESSION);

After loading the page in IE, the first time I refresh the page the session_id changes. After the first time, it stays no matter how many times I refresh the page. In Firefox and Chrome, the session_id doesn't ever change (as expected).

The header line is there so IE can set a session in a frame. With out it, the session_id changes on every refresh (not just the first one).

Also, the iframe and the parent are on different domains. If they are on the same domain, everything is fine.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

[eluser]JWarren[/eluser]
I just realized that only ie8 has this issue. Ie6 and 7 behave exactly like Firefox and Chrome.

This is driving be insane. If anyone has any ideas. I'd love to hear them.

[eluser]pinksy[/eluser]
I have this exact same issue. IE is not preserving the session in an iframe. Anyone?!

[eluser]pinksy[/eluser]
Update: see this thread for the answer: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/127235/

It's IE's crazy policy about not accepting "third party cookies" or somesuch. Adding a "P3P" header right at the start of the main index.php sorts it out.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB