Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ORM library

[eluser]luffy[/eluser]
Does someone develop ORM for CI?

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="luffy" date="1259445076"]Does someone develop ORM for CI?[/quote]

Someone does.

[url="/wiki/DMZ/"]DMZ[/url] is probably the most popular and best supported one - though I'm not really across the ORM state of play.

What did you discover when you searched for ORM in the forums and the wiki?

Wait. What. You mean you didn't search before asking?

[eluser]demogar[/eluser]
I used DMZ, DataMapper and Ignited Record before. DMZ is really great but I really prefer Doctrine over DMZ. Give it a try:
Doctrine ORM

PHP and Stuff have great tuts about this:
CI + Doctrine tuts

[eluser]luffy[/eluser]
[quote author="jedd" date="1259445308"][quote author="luffy" date="1259445076"]Does someone develop ORM for CI?[/quote]

Someone does.

[url="/wiki/DMZ/"]DMZ[/url] is probably the most popular and best supported one - though I'm not really across the ORM state of play.

Wait. What. You mean you didn't search before asking?[/quote]

Not really, I have searched some before that. But they're not popular. So I can't be sure whether I should use it. Then I asked here.

[eluser]luffy[/eluser]
Will you use orm in the project?
Why?

[eluser]demogar[/eluser]
[quote author="luffy" date="1259482007"][quote author="jedd" date="1259445308"][quote author="luffy" date="1259445076"]Does someone develop ORM for CI?[/quote]

Someone does.

Wait. What. You mean you didn't search before asking?[/quote]

Not really, I have searched some before that. But they're not popular. So I can't be sure whether I should use it. Then I asked here.[/quote]

Worst excuse ever. They ARE popular. I think some of them have even screencast showing how they work. They are also in the wiki tho.

[eluser]Chad Fulton[/eluser]
I think that you'll find DMZ simpler (and it was designed specifically for PHP), whereas Doctrine is more full-featured (maybe too full featured...).

I'd say DMZ for lightweight projects, but maybe Doctrine if you want more power and want to use it for several projects, or for one big one.

[eluser]Matthieu Brunet[/eluser]
Hi there,
I'm working on a project where I need to consolidate (?) queries from two different databases :
DB1
- table1
- - id
- - name
- - address
DB2
- table1
- - id
- - comment

And I need to display the data this way :
id | name | address | comment
1 | john | NY | some things
2 | phill | LA | other things

And, (but I don't think it matters) I only need/want to write in DB2

Is there something in Doctrine or DMZ that allow me to do that out of the box, or will I need to make it myself ? (in this cas I will use DMZ, as the other parts of my project are pretty simple)

Thanks a lot.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB