Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Before releasing a library

[eluser]Julien Dreux[/eluser]
Hi all,

I am about to release my very first contribution and I wanted to ask the community for any advice/checklist to follow for a successful release of a library.

Also, I have noticed that some libraries (Datamapper, DMZ) use the same format as CI's user guide for their documentation. Are the css files for that format available as a package somewhere? Is it encouraged to use that formatting?

Thanks

[eluser]thinkigniter[/eluser]
Checkout

http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...index.html

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
- Make sure it works Smile Don't rush to release until you're really satisfied with it.
- Eat your own dog food. That is: make sure you can install and get going following your own docs.
- Start a forum topic to announce the release and open discussion

[eluser]tonydewan[/eluser]
One thing that I think the community should be doing more of (myself included) is unit testing. Some libraries don't lend themselves easily to it, but it's an easy check for someone to do before dropping your code into their app, plus it's a nice sanity check for you as well.

Good luck and thnx for sharing.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Good point. Also, be sure you are using log_message and show_error when appropriate. And use language strings instead of hard-coding strings when possible.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB