Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session without cookie

[eluser]Kink[/eluser]
This is a calling for someone who can code a session library without use of cookie.

Cookie is a main problem, cause many people don't know what is it. So, the solution would be to create a new session library, working with database and an ajax solution, implementing this (for example):
JSTONE Javascript

Could be a good cookie alternative ?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
It still seems experimental, and with the upcoming changes to HTML 5 with a local storage API, what's the point? And if someone has a problem understanding something as simple as cookies, how would they understand something slightly more complicated (if less robust) like JSTONE?

[eluser]Kink[/eluser]
You don't imagine how many people don't know how to activate cookie in its browser.

I made i little vote game. With more than 400 hit a day, only 30 subscriber in the month !
All the subscriber where under Firefox / OSX or XP/Vista !
Other are with Internet Explorer... and activate cookie with it, it's a torture !

So i had javascript to show if cookie is not activated, and how to do it !

The world would be better with no cookie Smile

The solution in the precedent post, is transparent for user ! Javascript must be activated also... this is an other story :p

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
The multi-billion dollar online advertising industry has no major fuss with cookies. Neither do I.

[eluser]Kink[/eluser]
What interest to Advertise industry to use session ???

Your response is very strange...

Why don't say : my idea is a bad idea, it's so simple.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB