Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Anyone looked at "CodeIgniter 1.7"

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi folks,

Has anyone taken a look at this book? It's written by Jose Arqudo and David Upton.

http://www.packtpub.com/improve-coding-p...r-1-7/book

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
Packt sent a copy to me to review. So far I'm not impressed.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Good to know - I don't want to waste $$ on something that is not going to help ... too bad Apress doesn't have something.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
It looks like the usual "User Guide with pictures" sort of thing. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I'm not spending money on it.

[eluser]Johan André[/eluser]
Looks like another "from scratch" book/tutorial again.
How many of these needs to be written?

Maybe it's just me, but I think the user guide explains how to download and install CI.

If I would spend money on a book, I would like to learn something new. This content in the book is so 2006 for me... Smile

[eluser]Tom Schlick[/eluser]
the user guide is so much better than all of these books and its free! plus it stays updated to releases. to buy a codeigniter book it would have to teach me something ridiculously amazing... like "how to kill the evil monkey in my closet with CodeIgniter 1.7..."

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
Packt sent me a copy to review just like they did Jesse, and I'll be publishing my full review on my blog, but let me just say I'm not impressed either. It's got very basic content, there are grammar and spelling issues, it's clear that the authors both use Windows, it doesn't even make sense in some places.

It makes me sad to think that people think this book was worth publishing.

[eluser]Tom Schlick[/eluser]
[quote author="Jamie Rumbelow" date="1259791842"]...it's clear that the authors both use Windows...[/quote]

INSTANT FAIL!

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
From their online description it makes me wonder if they'd pay me to send them an illustrated, screenshot laden version of the userguide in PDF format.

Wonder if they'd give me an advance...

[eluser]stuffradio[/eluser]
[quote author="Jamie Rumbelow" date="1259791842"]it's clear that the authors both use Windows,[/quote]

Using a Mac or Windows computer has nothing to do with grammar and spelling. Get off your high elitist horse just because you use a Mac. I use a Mac and Windows, this is not needed. It's people like you that are wrong with the Mac community.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB