Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Segments Question

[eluser]Ducky[/eluser]
I know the usual model is /controller/method/param1/param2/ etc… i created a controller with two functions.
The problem i'm having right now is when i add a parameter to one of the two functions (ex. /controller/method/param1) the complete layout of my page is gone.
When i remove the param. in the url the layout of my page is correct.
This is the first time i'm having such a problem.

thanks for your help

kind regards
ducky

[eluser]JoostV[/eluser]
Can you post some code, please?

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
Hey Ducky,

The reason why it's going blank (I think) is that you've got PHP errors turned off, so it's just going totally white and unresponsive.

The reason why you're getting errors is because you've not allowed for enough parameters in the arguments list of the controller - you've specified none in the function declaration, for example:

Code:
function index() {
    // code
}

...and CodeIgniter is trying to pass a parameter to it, which in turn is throwing a PHP error and making your application blank. Turn on PHP errors and add a parameter to your controller function and it should fix it!

Jamie

[eluser]Ducky[/eluser]
this is the controller
Code:
class View extends Controller {

function View()
    {
        parent::Controller();    
    }

function index()
    {
        //load Model
        $this->load->model('Content_model');

//Data Request
        $data['content']= $this->Content_model->get_content("NoContentAvailable");

//load views
        $this->load->view('header');
        $this->load->view('menu');
        $this->load->view('content',$data);
        $this->load->view('footer');
    }

function hoebestellen()
    {
        echo $this->uri->segment(3);
    //load Model
        $this->load->model('Content_model');

//Data Request
        $data['content']= $this->Content_model->get_content("HoeBestellen");

//load views
        $this->load->view('header');
        $this->load->view('menu');
        $this->load->view('content',$data);
        $this->load->view('footer');
    }
}
as you can see i don't use the param. section
i accidently had a parameter added to my url and i noticed my layout disappeared.

[eluser]Ducky[/eluser]
[quote author="Jamie Rumbelow" date="1260123962"]Hey Ducky,

The reason why it's going blank (I think) is that you've got PHP errors turned off, so it's just going totally white and unresponsive.

The reason why you're getting errors is because you've not allowed for enough parameters in the arguments list of the controller - you've specified none in the function declaration, for example:

...and CodeIgniter is trying to pass a parameter to it, which in turn is throwing a PHP error and making your application blank. Turn on PHP errors and add a parameter to your controller function and it should fix it!

Jamie[/quote]

My page isn't going blank. all the text is available. Only my css layout is gone.(sorry bout being incomplete)

[eluser]JoostV[/eluser]
You probably used a relative URL to include your css file. Use an absolute URL or set a base href tag.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB