Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Yet another ACL question (lib selection)

[eluser]nofearinc[/eluser]
Hello everyone, I know there are lots of threads about ACL and user libraries, but I still can't chose a correct solution. I have a simple case: users with groups, simple authorization (pages for certain groups only) and existing users database.

I've been using Simplelogin for a previous project of mine, but it can't handle groups - AFAIK it's ok only to check whether a user is logged in or not. I also read the Auth tutorial, but it didn't seem to support user-group relations, too.

What I need is a simple library with a short learning curve (and stable enough) to adapt to my database and define user-role statements. Then I could handle controller events according to the roles.

Is there a simple use-case in the ezAuth or another solution that I can easily integrate?

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
I recommend redux_auth, it is simple enough but not so simple that it's ineffective.

[eluser]nofearinc[/eluser]
Ben, googling it I see many bug reports on the project, also I mentioned that it's currently Beta. Is it stable enough for working?

I'll download and inspect it now, also be in touch for other ideas.

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Check it out. I really like the code base and spent a little bit of time fixing bugs and it is working great. I've since modified it into my own auth system and it was a great base to start from.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
I use Adam Griffiths Auth 1.0.6 it handles groups in the config or database.

Programmers Voice

Enjoy
InsiteFX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB