Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Preventing Caching

[eluser]ururk[/eluser]
I deployed a site with CodeIgniter with user login. However, once the site launched, users began experiencing caching issues. Although I had set some expire headers, people with AOL still had issues. I determined it was not a browser caching problem, but rather that it was related to proxy server caching.

I found an article online which discussed AOL specifically, and implemented this header:

Code:
header("Cache-Control: no-store, private, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0, s-maxage=0");

I haven't heard of any problems since, but occasionally my client has caching troubles when using AOL, so I suspect others might be having problems as well.

Any ideas if I should be setting other headers?

Thanks!

*by 'using' AOL, I mean the IE version of AOL. The site works OK with Firefox, Safari. I think it might be related to AOLs topspeed feature, but I don't have AOL, not was *ever* able to duplicate the problem myself using AOL browser.

**For CSS/JS/images, I've always added a querystring to prevent caching, but this only works if the source code gets refreshed.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB