Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Upgraded forum software to MyBB 1.8

You will notice a few changes, and will have some UI stuff to get used to.
We have upgraded the forum software from MyBB 1.6 to MyBB 1.8

Concurrently, we have integrated our own styling changes, to make the forum more consistent with the main website.

Enjoy, and let us know what you think!

Nice design.
The forum itself is a bit to accustom.
i searched a while until i found the function for new posts (top right inside the username). but content is king Wink

There should be the main navigation for codeigniter.com also on the top.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2014, 08:50 AM by no1youknowz.)

Nevermind, I actually figured it out.

There is a button I missed right at the end which "shows source".

The theme is starting to grow on me. Smile

(11-14-2014, 03:58 PM)no1youknowz Wrote: I think this site went backwards in terms of functionality. I couldnt even tell how to quote someone and then edit the whole post. It's crap if you ask me.

What browser and OS are you using? Is JavaScript turned on? The button is still in the same place but it looks like it lets you select multiple posts to quote. I have only tried that part in the phone so far.

I suspect there are a few tunings that need to be made.
I am finding it a bit of a chore to get used to too!

So having looked around a bit more the only thing confusing that I can see is the Quote system. When you click quote it turns red and then, in the Quick Reply place below, it gives you the chance to include the quote. Looks like that allows you to a) quote multiple posts at once and b) choose where in your message to quote them.

Other than that, I believe the Quote, Edit and Reply buttons are all in pretty much the same place as they were before? Bottom right of each post.

Do let us know if you're experiencing problems in a specific browser, though, so we can look into it.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014, 11:37 PM by sv3tli0.)

Nice new theme Smile

There are somethings which are missing:
Recent Threads/Posts at main page was helpful and those social urls can be used (FB, TW, YT) - it will be good to have all 3 of them real and active.

Good Job Smile

P.S> At top menu perhaps Home should be index.php and portal.php can be Profile/Portal url
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

For what it's worth, I find it really annoying when a forum does not have a link to the main site! The home link on the top navigation should have a link to codeigniter.com and perhaps on the breadcrumb too. 

Perhaps the saddest thing of all is that these forums are not made using CodeIgniter! I made a forum system for a custom application using CI. Quite basic so far but works great. I think there should be an emergency community project to build one for this site Smile

1) The top bar will be fixed, with a link to the main site. What you see now is from the default theme. The 1.6 themes are not compatible.

2) The "overview plugin" that showed at the top of the page, with the most recent threads and posts, has not been updated for 1.8. I am not aware of an alternative, or of the author's intentions regarding 1.8. It is an open source project, so one of our community could always fork it and fix that!

3) I would love to have a CI forum. However, I could not find anything remotely usable in production ... everything that I found was a concept, or a version 0.2.1, etc. If there was a CI forum, I would gladly consider it. If the community wants to build such a tool, I am all for it! It has to be production-ready, though, and not an alpha or beta. Caution: this is not a casual undertaking!!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB