Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SiteManagr - A simple open source CMS

[eluser]Dan King[/eluser]
[quote author="djenniex" date="1261003224"]
Thanks for the update. I'll take a look at it today, and let you know what I find. Do you have a ticket system? May I suggest Github if you don't have one? It would be easy to manage all the tickets, plus you can authorize people to make changes to fix bugs.

Dave[/quote]

Nope, no ticket system. I've been the only one working on this in the past, so no need. Github sounds good. I've heard of it, but never used it. I just created an account and have no idea what to do now :] There's a bunch of tutorials on there, I'll look through those tonight and see if I can get it all setup. Thanks!

[eluser]stuffradio[/eluser]
Another thing, try and avoid HTML code in your controllers as much as possible. I set error messages or success messages in my controller, and I pass the $success and $error variables to my views... that way I can have any number of messages I could.

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
[quote author="Dan King" date="1260954409"]Thanks Dave, I'm sure I'll need some help here pretty soon!

I've setup a demo of the CMS online HERE. You can login with the following credentials:
user: admin
pass: 1234
[/quote]

The demo don't work with these credentials

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
Why does the interface reminds me of WordPress ?

[quote author="abmcr" date="1261058753"][quote author="Dan King" date="1260954409"]Thanks Dave, I'm sure I'll need some help here pretty soon!

I've setup a demo of the CMS online HERE. You can login with the following credentials:
user: admin
pass: 1234
[/quote]

The demo don't work with these credentials[/quote]

Sorry, looks like the admin account was deleted. I've reset it and you should be able to login withe the above user/pass. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote author="Yorick Peterse" date="1261065240"]Why does the interface reminds me of WordPress ?[/quote]

Yeah, it has a similar look and feel to an earlier version of wordpress. A new theme is on my list of stuff to-do.

I took Phil's earlier advice and implemented MY_Controller, and MY_Model for some of the code that needs to run every time. I also added a real simple theme for the front end, just as an example. All this has been updated in the download link posted earlier and updated on the live demo.

Is Github confusing or is it just me? I'm sure the fact that I use *cough* Windows *cough* doesn't help, and also the fact that I've never used any type of version control before ... oh well. If anyone knows of any tips or tutorials for a Github n00b that would be much appreciated! Thanks!

[eluser]Iverson[/eluser]
[quote author="Yorick Peterse" date="1261065240"]Why does the interface reminds me of WordPress ?[/quote]

I don't see a problem with that. If anything, it's an added bonus to be able to offer clients a CMS that resembles wordpress while still having the flexibility of your own source code.

[eluser]iamjerson[/eluser]
this cms is really nice. i will definitely try this out. Thanks for sharing this dude.

[eluser]Kip zonder Kop[/eluser]
[quote author="Dan King" date="1261131801"]
Is Github confusing or is it just me? I'm sure the fact that I use *cough* Windows *cough* doesn't help, and also the fact that I've never used any type of version control before ... oh well. If anyone knows of any tips or tutorials for a Github n00b that would be much appreciated! Thanks![/quote]

http://progit.org/

Alright, I've made a few changes over the holiday break. The biggest being a whole new UI (see the attached screenshot). I setup a quick project page at http://designelemental.net/sitemanagr with more details, screenshots and a demo and download link. I've also redesigned the events section and it's now using CodeIgniter's calendar class. Enjoy!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB