Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Facebook Helpers? (FBML, and FBJS, and other abbreviations too)

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
Anyone know if any useful helpers for dealing with Facebook's various proprietary markup languages? CI's helpers have spoiled me and I hate anything that requires the use of "<></>". Cool classes, CI helpers, maybe even theoretically compatible frameworks with libraries I could rip out?

Googling for anything with 'facebook' seems useless. I'll end up writing them myself as I go along if there isn't one, but I don't want to go to extra trouble to later find out some awesome FB libraries and helpers were around and I was just overlooking them because I didn't think I'd need them.

Still kind of sad I can't use JQuery in facebook applications, was just starting to get the hang of it a bit Sad

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Sorry man, I don't know of any.

Let me know if you find some though.

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
Man, their wiki is a _mess_. Yux.

I guess I'll start with their Smiley application and hope for the best. :\

I found only two things like what I was looking for - one accompanied a "part 1 of a series" post from 6 months ago with no follow up and nothing more than a zip of the library, and the other on the wiki seems to use various bits of code that facebook has disabled.

I wonder if that is why there isn't more out there - FB keeps changing their platform so much that there's no time for anything to really 'build up', it'd be like if PHP changed every month or so CI might not even exist.

Of course there are countless other explanations, ranging from people who work with facebook applications and know what they are doing end up so stinkin' busy making loads of money they don't care about sharing their libraries, or they get so disgusted with FB they run away back to the normal development world, or maybe they get so busy using Facebook they give up programming entirely. Or not.

It also seems pointless to use any auth system at all. I didn't realize Facebook was such a very different platform to develop for.

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Yea it's kind of it's own beast.

Well I guess you can be the first! Think about it, you'll be famous, haha.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Have you made any progress on writing your own CI FBML helper? I was just looking for one myself and can't find anything... It'd definitely clean up my views files.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB