Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter 2.0 - my solving of this problem

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
As BrianDHall has mentioned it is perfectly possible to create a UTF-8 compatible CMS that integrates with Twitter and other web services. I should know, I made one! :-p

The beauty of CodeIgniter is that if it is doing something you dont like, 9 times out of 10 you can just extend or override it. I haven't touched a thing in the core of CodeIgniter to create PyroCMS and have never even wanted to.

I've said it a few times. If you are trying to do something in CodeIgniter that your cant do easily, you are probably doing it wrong.

[eluser]macigniter[/eluser]
I'd rather have a website that helps finding and updating existing as well as newly developed libraries and helpers from skilled developers from this great community. I find it very cumbersome to browse through this forum and I'm not really happy with the Wiki either. IMHO there should be a user-friendly website that lists all available third-party extensions in categories and that lets developers easily update versions and user guides as well as giving their users a possibility to discuss features and issues.

I've seen several websites trying to accomodate this, but none really makes it easy to search for and post extensions (as a developer). I also think it would be great if that's something which is driven from an official side.

If such a website existed it would be easy to grab the official base of CI and then pick some cool libraries, helpers, plugins and extensions that make CI kick ass. Much better than forking or tweaking the official release. Isn't the whole beauty about CI that it's NOT packed with loads of stuff you might not even need or like to use in a particular way? :-)

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="macigniter" date="1261427003"]Isn't the whole beauty about CI that it's NOT packed with loads of stuff you might not even need or like to use in a particular way? :-)[/quote]
Hence why there is no default ACL/ Auth system.

The biggest advantage CodeIgniter has with respect to other frameworks is how much you can NOT use and still have an elegant core structure to build on.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB