Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter 1.7.2 UTF-8 Edition

[eluser]Mahyar Ss[/eluser]
Yessssssss yes yes Big Grin it Work!!!

i did search but i didn't find anything can help fast and clean...

very easy and full

thanks Demedes

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
I'm very happy and proud about my work and about your happyness :-)

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
As I promised, here is the next version of Codeigniter 1.7.2 UTF-8 Edition. This update fixes a few bugs, where you are using Session library. Unpack this into your system/boot/utf8 folder. Link: Uploading.com

[eluser]Xeoncross[/eluser]
Only non-english people understand the need for stuff like this. I don't get how any modern framework could still be relying on the string functions. Validation, comment parsing, text storage, etc... all fail without it.

Good work, maybe someday CodeIgniter will make the switch to supporting other languages.

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
Maybe, someday :-) Thank you for the comment.

[eluser]Marc Arbour[/eluser]
[quote author="Xeoncross" date="1262309742"]maybe someday CodeIgniter will make the switch to supporting other languages.[/quote]

I vote that CI does support other languages.

The work is done here with this package. I looked through it and there is nothing much complicated to integrate into CI.

While CI is a great piece of software... Please CI crew... DO INTEGRATE multi-byte string functions everywhere.

Regards

Marc.

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
Yeah, official UTF8 would be great! Before developing this, I thought about official UTF8 support, but who knows when it will be released? I just can't wait. So, I shared it for everyone. Use it and be happy! :-)

[eluser]ShiverCube[/eluser]
It's interesting what you have done. I have previously integrated a subset of the phputf8 into my CodeIgniter install, but I did not replace every function with its UTF8 equivalent. What it seems you have done is not actually rewritten the core, but just done a bulk search and replace for all string functions which have a UTF8 equivalent. The mb_ range of functions add a slight performance hit, and in my opinion should not always be used instead of the standard PHP string functions.

By using the methods Phil Sturgeon posted, and using the UTF8 functions in your own controllers and libraries (when needed), I don't see how your application would be any less capable than replacing the whole CodeIgniter installation with this custom version. I think there are a lot of places where changes did not need to be made. For example, all the string functions in the Router class have been replaced with the UTF8 equivalents. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not planning on using non English characters in any of my URLs.

Good work though. I'm also not completely satisfied with UTF8 support in CodeIgniter. I just wish PHP 6 would hurry up and be released, as it's supposed to have better native support for UTF8.

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
Thank you for the comment.
Quote:I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m not planning on using non English characters in any of my URLs.
I will do it in my CMS :-) I think, that this is not bad ability.

[eluser]Julian Mesa[/eluser]
Thank you !!!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB