Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.9

[eluser]ayukawaa[/eluser]
Sooooorrry!

Perhaps I do not give the words the same meaning you give it! I'm sorry if you think it that way.

I AM a PHP programmer and knows very well what it is when people thinks low of my work.

Sorry again, I must have been sleepless and did not think when translating into english.

I can only add that if I write here it's because I like it. I prefer to keep quiet rather than make stupid comments

*_*

[eluser]Michel-Ange[/eluser]
Hi Phil !

I just read on this thread about multi-lingual content :

Quote:As I see it there are several types of multi-lingual requirements that don’t always contrast.

1.) The site is available in one language only, all content is entered in this language (Currently supported).

2.) All content has fields for each any every language, meaning that to add an article it should be added in all languages.

3.) The site should be totally different for each language (might as well be a multi-site manager).

I really f**king hate the idea of 2 which also happens to be the way Ionize works.

I'm sorry but I have to correct what you are saying so politely (also on your forum) about Ionize and languages content.

Ionize gives you the ability to translate - or not - any content (pages, articles) but it is not mandatory to translate everything. You can play with filters in your views and just display an article if the title exists (for example).

That means if your article isn't translated in english because your translator is on vacation and / or you don't want to translate it, the english version of your article will not be displayed in the article list.

Don't hesitate to have a look at the demo at http://demo.ionizecms.com to see in live this possibility.

I wish you the best with PyroCMS, and I will not say anything about it because I don't know it enough.
I will just say that PyroCMS is a great project and that I'm happy that finally some serious CMS using CodeIgniter came out.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Hey Michel-Ange,

I am perfectly familiar with IonizeCMS and the approach for it's multi-lingual content and even recommended it to a user on the #pyrocms IRC requesting your specific featureset.

While creating multiple content boxes for each language available is going to be the easiest method, there are several other issues with it.

1.) Should the content default to English or show as missing? Some people have asked for both, but could probably just be a content option.

2.) That can be enabled for pages / news, but then you have to run around offering conversion boxes for everything. Some settings may only apply for a specific language, contact form should send to different places, etc. The "Ionize" approach only really helps for the page / news content stuff but leaves us guessing how to implement everything else.

Oh and about the comment

"finally some serious CMS using CodeIgniter came out"

Remember that PyroCMS has been open-source for over a year, was the first to reach popular usage and was even out before IonizeCMS ;-)

[eluser]Nurdin Bekkeldiev[/eluser]
Hi guys,

Phil Sturgeon thanks for this great PyroCMS, I have been using for 1 month and I already used in my three projects, developing my own modules for my projects. It is easy to use and easy to develop modules. recently working on bugs on my own modules.

To say shortly, the latest version of PyroCMS is really great.

One question, where we can find changelogs of each version? I need to see what was changed?

Thanks a lot

[quote author="Nurdin Bekkeldiev" date="1273062240"]Hi guys,

Phil Sturgeon thanks for this great PyroCMS, I have been using for 1 month and I already used in my three projects, developing my own modules for my projects. It is easy to use and easy to develop modules. recently working on bugs on my own modules.

To say shortly, the latest version of PyroCMS is really great.

One question, where we can find changelogs of each version? I need to see what was changed?

Thanks a lot[/quote]

You can find a Change-log in the offline and online documentation.

http://pyrocms.com/documentation/general/change-log

or

docs/CHANGELOG.txt

This thread should now be closed as we have moved over to our own forums here.

The EllisLab guys have been kind enough to put up with all the PyroCMS threads here for a while, but we have decided it's time we had our own space and our own community. Come on over and post your suggestions, feedback and get support.

[eluser]ToretoTech[/eluser]
hey guys, I'm just wondering if there is any update to the whole submenu feature in the current version of PyroCMS (0.9.9)

Cheers,

It's on the roadmap for v1.0.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB