Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.9

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="kilishan" date="1263900879"]I downloaded the Beta1 from github and hit a snag on step 4 of the installer. Went to insert the sql in manually in phpMyAdmin and found an error on line 34 of 2-default-data.sql that was killing it. Looks like there was 1 too few values in there. Here's the line that worked for me:

Code:
INSERT INTO `pages` VALUES
  (1,'home','Home','Welcome to our homepage. We have not quite finished setting up our website just yet, but please add us to your bookmarks and come back soon.',0,1,'','','','','','1219336535');
[/quote]

Sorry about that, it was missing the 'status' field. I have fixed this and added field names to the schema in the hope that this sort of error can be avoided in the future. I ran the install and it works fine.

v0.9.8-beta1 has been retagged hopefully for the last time lol. :-)

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
Hello Phil,

I'm currently building one website using this BETA version.
I'll post you with the results. as for now no problems, nor suggestions .. Smile

How are you, have you done anything interesting yet to include?Smile

btw. photo problem solved Smile thanks Smile

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
I remember had same problem with ald version. here is the same.
Is there any chance to add model disabling?Smile

for example i do not want to show the 'news' thing in toolbar so I want to disable it or something like that Smile

In old version (0.9.7.3) I was just moving out the folders.
Maybe something like
<disabled>true</disabled>
in .xml file? of course, it would be nice to see it inside the CMS Smile

I so much hate connecting via FTPSmile))

Thanks.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Agreed, this is something on the list that will hopefully be done for v1.0 as Modules will be moving to the database.

Until then, you need to change <is_backend_menu>0</is_backend_menu> to 0 (or delete that line) then clear application/cache/modules_m/*.

I just released v0.9.7.4 which will be the last in the v0.9.7.x branch so work is really going ahead on v0.9.8 now. Get your bug-fixes, code contributions and translations in now! :-)

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1264387266"]Agreed, this is something on the list that will hopefully be done for v1.0 as Modules will be moving to the database.

Until then, you need to change <is_backend_menu>0</is_backend_menu> to 0 (or delete that line) then clear application/cache/modules_m/*.

I just released v0.9.7.4 which will be the last in the v0.9.7.x branch so work is really going ahead on v0.9.8 now. Get your bug-fixes, code contributions and translations in now! :-)[/quote]

Modules in database? something new to me Smile
Well, I'm not goign to upgrade to 0.9.7.4 since I modified .3 a lot Smile)))
I think I'll post some suggestions when I'll be sure we need them Smile

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
This is not strictly 0.9.8 Pyro CMS... but is a general question: in the cms the navigation bar is made hand.... it is a feature in progress a automatic system for auto create the menubar, choosing for each page the location of the menu page?
Thank you for sharing the code...
and bravo for the new look of the new release!!!!

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
[quote author="abmcr" date="1264465376"]This is not strictly 0.9.8 Pyro CMS... but is a general question: in the cms the navigation bar is made hand.... it is a feature in progress a automatic system for auto create the menubar, choosing for each page the location of the menu page?
Thank you for sharing the code...
and bravo for the new look of the new release!!!![/quote]

Hello.
as for now, the navigation menu should be manually created. But actually Phil is thinking about it, how it can be done in the BEST way. so for now the answer is 'manual'Smile
I think it's mainly because it is difficult to suit everyones needs... so basically you can make 'navigation menu' craeted automatically for you.

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
Hello Phil,
as for now, few questions.

Imho, it would be nice to have a jquery script. which would transform the Title,
for example "My webpage title" to 'my-webpage-title" and put it into URL (while creating/editing the page)

I think it could be a button, after pressing it, it would fill automatically, or smth.

Now the question about DESIGN tab, in PAGES module. if no CSS rules exists, I still have:
Code:
&lt;style type="text/css"&gt;

&lt;/style&gt;

&lt;!-- Page layout: Default --&gt;
Inside the code...

btw, if I put the : <div class="clear"></div> - the tinymce edit will remove this (as it is blank imho)
can this function be disabled?

Thanks Smile

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
Few more thingsSmile

1) Is it possible to move Pages to other pages for example:

I have:
contact_us page.
it also has childs:
con1
con2
con3

now I want to make contact_us to become a child of support?
so it becomes:
support > contact_us >
con1
con2
con3

2)
It is possible to change default behaviour of 'Page Status'?

3)
it would be nice, that at least, childs would 'inherit' the default 'DESIGN' from parent, what do you whink?

Thank you for reading this Smile

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi, Phil Sturgeon!

I'm from Russia and I like PyroCMS and I would like to translate it into Russian, but I see that not all words are rendered in the language files. Do you plan it? I can also help with this

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB