Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using javascript-library from CI2.0

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
[quote author="Johan André" date="1261584058"]
Is it ok to use it in apps even though CI2.0 (or whatever the version will be) is released to public yet?[/quote]

i asked the same question a few weeks ago and got no EL comment.

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/137426/

[eluser]stef25[/eluser]
Quote:it’s VERY cool for several reasons

Care to elaborate?

[eluser]Johan André[/eluser]
I suppose no one will notice if I use it and don't release the sourcecode.
It does not leave a footprint since it only generates js-code. Smile

Anyway, I wanna get Ellislabs approval of using and take the right turns in the matter...

[eluser]SpooF[/eluser]
I'm sure they wont hunt you down if you play with it a little, but I wouldn't use it in any published web applications.

[eluser]Crimp[/eluser]
On a sidenote, and as a heavy jQuery user, I looked at the library in question and I simply don't get it. Why use this? It's an honest question - not trying to be critical, dismissing it, etc.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="Crimp" date="1261630965"]On a sidenote, and as a heavy jQuery user, I looked at the library in question and I simply don't get it. Why use this? It's an honest question - not trying to be critical, dismissing it, etc.[/quote]

You wouldn't want to use it for all of your jQuery work, that would just be silly. It's kind of like using DBForge over a .sql file, it works in some situations but not in all.

I think it's another "nice-to-have" that will make sense to us in a while, or not. Besides, the number of times I have seen people saying "CodeIgniter doesn't support JavaScript/AJAX" - phpframeworks.com for one! - at least it will shut them up.

One of my crazy potential ideas was "Form validation and JavaScript library integration to build validation rules" which is something I have meant to develop for a while. That would be a piece of p*55 with this library.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
About using the code, send an email to [email protected] for that. (@sophistry's response btw).

About "why". I started writing out a list here, but it started getting a little long. I'm going to finish it up as a blog entry on my blog Smile I'll post back here when I polish it up a tad.

Edit: Also wanted to add, feel free to contact me personally if you have this type of thing come up (its easy to miss stuff on the forums). While I can't always directly answer or directly help, I can at least point you in the right direction, or push in other ways.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB