Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Urgent Fix Needed!

[eluser]DougW[/eluser]
This was brought up during in an older thread but it needs attention. I am using a Mac with Snow Leopard and the default install of PHP/Mysql (not MAMP).

I have things configured exactly as I did with Leopard but now have CI 1.7.2 and php 5.3 and Mysql 5.1

The problem is simple. The default controller loads and displays properly but EVERY OTHER CONTROLLER I try gives me a File Not Found error. The .htaccess file must be correct or the first controller wouldn't show.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

[eluser]Twisted1919[/eluser]
Nope , the first/default controller will be shown even if you don't have .htaccess at all .
If you append index.php in front of your controllers , it works ? If it does , then indeed is a .htaccess issue and you must find your right .htaccess solution .
I tested 1.7.2 on all posible environments and had no problem at all , even with php 5.3.0 .

[eluser]DougW[/eluser]
Appending index.php does in fact fix it. There must be something not set up properly in the apache config on the Mac default install. Thanks!

You made my Christmas. When I find the solution I'll post it back here.

That was it. The default in MAC Snow Leopard's apache install for htaccess is the following:

AllowOverride None

Just set that to All and everything works fine. Then you must set it for each site in virtual hosts of course, if indeed you are running a mac webserver. For local development, it doesn't matter.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB