Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Cache library

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
I currently use the Zend Framework as the cache lib. It has a lot more separate file includes and what not so what I want to know is will this one file increase performance or should I stick with Zend. I guess this is a general question and I understand referencing one file instead of many is a performance boost but is it significant?

I guess a comparison would be nice.

Also, running CI from a central place like usr/share/ while using APC, will APC cache the codeigniter files in that location or does it need to be in a domain path?

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
APC will save files to /tmp by default. It can be changed from php directives (apc.mmap_file_mask). So no, it does not have to be in a domain path.

@Sbioko:
Nice work!

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
Thank you cahva for the quick answer.

Would it make sense to rewrite all models to use this cache library instead of Zend Framework?

[eluser]Buso[/eluser]
* @license GPLv3

Why not MIT or BSD?

[eluser]Buso[/eluser]
[quote author="RaZoR LeGaCy" date="1283237822"]Thank you cahva for the quick answer.

Would it make sense to rewrite all models to use this cache library instead of Zend Framework?[/quote]
If you care about licenses, Zend is a good option, as it is under the BSD license

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB