Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Free Classified Script

[eluser]FutureKing[/eluser]
Hi,

I am working on a Free Classified Project. It is almost 90% completed. I have urgent requirement of money. I want to make money with it. What should be best method to make about Rs 20000-30000 in shortest period of time with this script? I have to make this amount in 2-3 month. Is this possible? Or should I work on something else?
How much money can I make with this script?
How should I make money? Best method? (Selling Script or Running own service or something else?)

Screenshots attached with this email:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hytmj3l21gy

Whole System is built with PHP/MySQL, Code Igniter Framework,960 grid system, jQuery and jQuery UI.

Need Suggestions.

[eluser]Johan André[/eluser]
If you intend to make that kindof money, you might wanna change the frontend design?
I think tutsplus.com will dislike you stole their design...

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
Pardon my ignorance, but what currency is R? South African Rand, or Rupee? If Rupee, is it INR - Indian Rupee?

If it's the Rand that's 2000-3000 USD, but of course if its the Indian Rupee that's only $430ish USD.

I found this pretty good article with links to a study on estimating CPM ad payments: http://blogs.yankeegroup.com/2008/08/14/...vertising/

With Google though, I've heard many complain they only get $0.25USD CPM, which is payment per 1000 impressions delivered (according to Google's rules).

At that frightfully small payout, it would take 2,000,000 impressions delivered to Google to get $500USD payment. Expecting 2 million impressions in the first few months of a new site is not a very good bet - if you _really_ need the money, it's very foolish.

Now of course if you work the systems, which takes times and an established well trafficked website (many advertising publishers require at least 10,000-100,000 impressions per month to even accept you into their affiliate network).

According the referenced study:

Quote:Average realized CPMs on ad networks ranged from $0.60-$1.10,
versus $10-$20 in direct-sold display inventory, or only 6-11% of
direct pricing

"Direct pricing" means selling the ads yourself - you get a LOT more money, but it is a whole business unto itself - the study notes it requiring significant staff and system to manage, and that publisher's report it being hard to keep 'inventory' (sold ads to display) and 'yield' (actual money made) stable (ie, they might do good one month and terrible another).

However, again I've heard some say they get as little as .13-.30 CPM for their ads, and Google is often said to be the worst paying (just the easiest and fastest to setup).

Still, even at $1USD CPM, that's still 500,000 impressions over 2-3 months.

That might be doable, but you are going to be split 3 different ways. You will need to develop and maintain the site, promote the site to get more traffic somehow, and manage/optimize your ad networks to make sure you aren't wasting your precious ad space and impressions on poor paying networks.

On getting traffic, its very hard to promote without spending money, even if you are literally giving away your service (like free classifieds).

Sites such as free classifieds are "platforms", and suffer the Platform Dilemma - you have to have people using it (posting ads) to get people to want to use it (looking at posted ads). So you have to have traffic to get traffic. This usually takes time, a unique strategy, and/or luck to build. Or money.

So yes, it's doable, but no guarantee. It's a risk that if you just need a few hundred bucks it'd make more sense to try looking through the various Job boards and try to get some cheap $100USD type jobs, you'd only need a few.

Now if you meant that you need to make $2000+ USD, then that is not at all easy. Just do the math Smile

[quote author="Johan André" date="1261892265"]If you intend to make that kindof money, you might wanna change the frontend design?
I think tutsplus.com will dislike you stole their design...[/quote]

I will try to change the design.

[quote author="BrianDHall" date="1261896787"]Pardon my ignorance, but what currency is R? South African Rand, or Rupee? If Rupee, is it INR - Indian Rupee?

If it's the Rand that's 2000-3000 USD, but of course if its the Indian Rupee that's only $430ish USD.[/quote]

It is Indian Rupees.

[quote author="BrianDHall" date="1261896787"]
I found this pretty good article with links to a study on estimating CPM ad payments: http://blogs.yankeegroup.com/2008/08/14/...vertising/

With Google though, I've heard many complain they only get $0.25USD CPM, which is payment per 1000 impressions delivered (according to Google's rules).

At that frightfully small payout, it would take 2,000,000 impressions delivered to Google to get $500USD payment. Expecting 2 million impressions in the first few months of a new site is not a very good bet - if you _really_ need the money, it's very foolish.

Now of course if you work the systems, which takes times and an established well trafficked website (many advertising publishers require at least 10,000-100,000 impressions per month to even accept you into their affiliate network).

According the referenced study:

Quote:Average realized CPMs on ad networks ranged from $0.60-$1.10,
versus $10-$20 in direct-sold display inventory, or only 6-11% of
direct pricing

"Direct pricing" means selling the ads yourself - you get a LOT more money, but it is a whole business unto itself - the study notes it requiring significant staff and system to manage, and that publisher's report it being hard to keep 'inventory' (sold ads to display) and 'yield' (actual money made) stable (ie, they might do good one month and terrible another).

However, again I've heard some say they get as little as .13-.30 CPM for their ads, and Google is often said to be the worst paying (just the easiest and fastest to setup).

Still, even at $1USD CPM, that's still 500,000 impressions over 2-3 months.

That might be doable, but you are going to be split 3 different ways. You will need to develop and maintain the site, promote the site to get more traffic somehow, and manage/optimize your ad networks to make sure you aren't wasting your precious ad space and impressions on poor paying networks.

On getting traffic, its very hard to promote without spending money, even if you are literally giving away your service (like free classifieds).
[/quote][quote author="BrianDHall" date="1261896787"]
Sites such as free classifieds are "platforms", and suffer the Platform Dilemma - you have to have people using it (posting ads) to get people to want to use it (looking at posted ads). So you have to have traffic to get traffic. This usually takes time, a unique strategy, and/or luck to build. Or money.
[/quote]

I have an entertainment website(contains wallpapers,articles,jokes,movie news etc.). It has 40k-50k page views per month. If I launch free classified ad site with my existing site will my existing site help to my free classified site?

[quote author="BrianDHall" date="1261896787"]

So yes, it's doable, but no guarantee. It's a risk that if you just need a few hundred bucks it'd make more sense to try looking through the various Job boards and try to get some cheap $100USD type jobs, you'd only need a few.

Now if you meant that you need to make $2000+ USD, then that is not at all easy. Just do the math Smile[/quote]

Sure I will try.

Thank you for spending time on writing this long and useful post.

Thank you very much.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB