Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Wich authentication library should I use?

[eluser]Sinclair[/eluser]
Hi,

I need to develop an Interface where I have Groups and Users. I use PostgreSQL as Database.

For example, the Groups should be "Administrators", "Moderators", "Normal Users".

Wich library should I use?

Best Regards,

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
I believe most of the Auth libraries in IgnitedCode can handle what you need. I know from experience that Redux Auth can do it but it has a few bugs.

I will be releasing a bug free, updated, and improved auth library based on Redux Auth 2 very soon so watch IgnitedCode and/or my twitter for that to come out.

[eluser]Timothy_[/eluser]
[quote author="Ben Edmunds" date="1261974080"]I believe most of the Auth libraries in IgnitedCode can handle what you need. I know from experience that Redux Auth can do it but it has a few bugs.

I will be releasing a bug free, updated, and improved auth library based on Redux Auth 2 very soon so watch IgnitedCode and/or my twitter for that to come out.[/quote]

WOOOO I await with eager anticipation.

+1 For Redux Auth 2.

There is no other alternative to Redux Auth 2?

Best Regards,

[eluser]Timothy_[/eluser]
[quote author="Sinclair" date="1261983099"]There is no other alternative to Redux Auth 2?

Best Regards,[/quote]

Sure there is. May i suggest searching this forum and browsing through the 100's of threads already discussing this.

[eluser]summery[/eluser]
Google "codeigniter auth library" and the very first result is my favorite comparison of CI auth libraries.

Hi,

Is the library the "Redux"?

This library isn't Buggy? http://code.google.com/p/reduxauth/issues/list, there are some issues.

I don't know very much what I need... I think I need some more like an ACL, there are user that only see very limited information, others can see almost everything, and are users that can see all.

What will fit my needs?

PS: Sorry form my bad english.

Best Regards,

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB