Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
An idea to improve Cart library.

[eluser]BnoL[/eluser]
Hello everyone,

I'm using CI Cart library for my shopping cart project and I findthis:

file: system/libraries/Cart.php
Code:
// We now need to create a unique identifier for the item being inserted into the cart.
        // Every time something is added to the cart it is stored in the master cart array.  
        // Each row in the cart array, however, must have a unique index that identifies not only
        // a particular product, but makes it possible to store identical products with different options.  
        // For example, what if someone buys two identical t-shirts (same product ID), but in
        // different sizes?  The product ID (and other attributes, like the name) will be identical for
        // both sizes because it's the same shirt. The only difference will be the size.
        // Internally, we need to treat identical submissions, but with different options, as a unique product.
        // Our solution is to convert the options array to a string and MD5 it along with the product ID.
        // This becomes the unique "row ID"
        if (isset($items['options']) AND count($items['options']) > 0)
        {
            $rowid = md5($items['id'].implode('', $items['options']));
        }
        else
        {
            // No options were submitted so we simply MD5 the product ID.
            // Technically, we don't need to MD5 the ID in this case, but it makes
            // sense to standardize the format of array indexes for both conditions
            $rowid = md5($items['id']);
        }

So what happen if there is an array inside the $items['options'] -> error! ; $items['options'] cannot be an multi-dimensional array.

In my opinion, I find it very inconvenient because we can not implode() or md5() a multi-dimensional array; and it would be much useful if arrays are allowed to use.

Any solution for this?

Best regards,

BnoL

[eluser]brianw1975[/eluser]
not sure what exactly your end-game is but you could serialize then do what you want to it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB