Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
E is null

[eluser]maria clara[/eluser]
hi to all,

im having an error in my console that shows this:

E is null
[Break on this error] (function(){var l=this,g,y=l.jQuery,p=l....each(function(){o.dequeue(this,E)})}});\njquery-1....2.min.js (line 12)
str is null
[Break on this error] if (str.match("date")=="date")\r\n

and it doesnt show any output from my database?i attached a file foryou to see what i mean.

thanks in advance,
maria

[eluser]brianw1975[/eluser]
Ok, assuming several things my first guess is this:

E depends on something that should be part of the DOM - in this case probably something that has to do with the data being returned from the server.

So to answer the question of why you have an error in your console, it is directly related to why you have no data being shown. Thus, figure out why you have no data being shown and you will have your answer.

It might seem circular, but it's not. Read your error logs on your server and inspect the data being sent back to the browser (if any) and make sure you are actually getting something useful and verify that its in the format that your JavaScript code is trying to parse it as.

PS: cut off screen cap = bad, show everything, a picture is worth a bazillion words - it's been increased due to inflation.

@brianw1975,

thanks for the advice. anyway, sorry for the caps and picture.

regards,
maria

hi to all,

im still having a problem with this,,there's no output in my jqgrid design..

Code:
E is null
anonymous(Object name=E)jquery-1....2.min.js (line 12)
anonymous(Object name=xml, div.ui-jqgrid-bdiv, Object name=rcnt value=0, Object name=more value=false, Object name=adjust value=0)jquery.j...id.min.js (line 10)
anonymous(XMLHttpRequest readyState=4 status=200 statusText=OK, "parsererror")jquery.j...id.min.js (line 10)
L()jquery-1....2.min.js (line 19)
anonymous(174)jquery-1....2.min.js (line 19)
[Break on this error] (function(){var l=this,g,y=l.jQuery,p=l....each(function(){o.dequeue(this,E)})}});\njquery-1....2.min.js (line 12)
str is null
search_change(select)script.js (line 1541)
anonymous(Object type=change timeStamp=1262685079402, [Object type=change timeStamp=1262685079402 0=Object], select, Object name=E)jquery-1....2.min.js (line 19)
anonymous()jquery-1....2.min.js (line 19)
anonymous([select length=1 prevObject=[1] context=document], function(), Object name=F)jquery-1....2.min.js (line 12)
anonymous(function(), Object name=E)jquery-1....2.min.js (line 12)
anonymous("change", Object name=F)jquery-1....2.min.js (line 19)
anonymous()script.js (line 1606)
anonymous([function(), function(), function(), 3 more...], function(), Object name=F)jquery-1....2.min.js (line 12)
[Break on this error] if (str.match("date")=="date")\r\n

seeking for help..

regards,
maria

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB