Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ci and get url string parameters

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am working with CI and ExtJS, but having a problem when ExtJS makes a GET ajax call back to CI with url parameters. ie:

Code:
enterprise_statistics.php/charts/details?chart=agent&slice=Net-SNMP

CI is giving me a 404. I found another thread that said CI blocks those on purpose. I can understand that, but is there a way I can turn that off until I can make all the needed changes to my extjs datastores?

[eluser]Rodrigo Elesbao[/eluser]
If i understood ur question i think the answer is here:
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui.../urls.html

Enabling Query Strings

In some cases you might prefer to use query strings URLs:
index.php?c=products&m=view&id=345

CodeIgniter optionally supports this capability, which can be enabled in your application/config.php file. If you open your config file you'll see these items:
$config['enable_query_strings'] = FALSE;
$config['controller_trigger'] = 'c';
$config['function_trigger'] = 'm';

If you change "enable_query_strings" to TRUE this feature will become active. Your controllers and functions will then be accessible using the "trigger" words you've set to invoke your controllers and methods:
index.php?c=controller&m=method

Please note: If you are using query strings you will have to build your own URLs, rather than utilizing the URL helpers (and other helpers that generate URLs, like some of the form helpers) as these are designed to work with segment based URLs.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Yeah, I read that section. That isn't what I was going for either. I wanted to use a combination of the 2.

Code:
/controller/method?param1=value&param2=value2

I was hoping to make the switch to CI without touching my extjs too much. Then go back and work on the extjs code to make it work the way CI wants it to work.

[eluser]steward[/eluser]
[quote author="drunkguy" date="1262744977"]Yeah, I read that section. That isn't what I was going for either. I wanted to use a combination of the 2.

Code:
/controller/method?param1=value&param2=value2

I was hoping to make the switch to CI without touching my extjs too much. Then go back and work on the extjs code to make it work the way CI wants it to work.[/quote]

Any news on this? I am running into the same issue (extJS 3.2.2)

Same boat, but I'm switching to extJs for the front end,
it is the server side I don't want to mess with...

[eluser]steward[/eluser]
I am piddling with overriding extJS ScriptTagProxy and it seems okay do far.
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.p...be-changed

I understand a package/matchbox advanced-model-loading scheme is required long term.

But I may have painted myself into a corner. My CI install already fudgesrouting for subdomains etc.

So it remains a question for me Can we use both url formats in the same app?

...most entry points using the seg/ment/ed/urls, but some using ?c=controller&m=model&query=strings

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB