Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
GoDaddy PATH_INFO (no longer subdomain shuffle)

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
EDIT: See the 2nd post, this is all based on wrong conclusions.

I have been writing a CI app for a while now and it is now getting moved to a production server.

That server has some subdomains setup that are giving me hell though. The forum has some topics on subdomains, but usually not in the way I am trying to set it up.

The dir structure of the server is kinda like this:
Code:
./
./sub1
./sub2
./sub3
./test

The dirs are tied to subdomains so ./sub1 would be sub1.domain.something.

The idea is that the test.domain.something is the test environment and I am thus trying to get it to work. The htaccess is totally not playing along though.

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|css|rss|scripts)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://test.domain.something/index.php/$1 [L]

I had to go with the full url in the RewriteRule or it wouldn't work at all. Now I get proper 404's from my app, but if I try to go to any exsisting page like so: test.domain.something/index.php/nieuws
I get 'No input file specified.'

I want to setup a test environment on this subdomain first before I deploy it on the main domain (which will be tricky, but doable). So that in the end I have 2 CIs running. One in test.domain.something and one on www.domain.something that branches to all subdomains except test.

Do I make any sense at all? Smile

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
Wow was I ever wrong. It is actually the fact PHP5 is running as CGI and not Apache module on the host.

This turned up a lot more information. Yet I have tried a lot of options and I can't seem to get rid of the '?' that I have to add and the usage of QUERY_STRING as URI_PROTOCOL.

I end up with urls like: test.domain.something/changelog -> test.domain.something/index.php?/changelog.

That is rather sloppy. Can't I just get 'index.php?/' to be removed from the url entirely? I have tried not using '?' but PATH_INFO is just not available on GoDaddy. They do mention SCRIPT_NAME holds the info PATH_INFO normally holds, but I cannot just fill in SCRIPT_NAME in $config['uri_protocol'] = "";

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB