Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
some utf8 problems... not all

[eluser]Marc Arbour[/eluser]
Hello.

I have a new server and set ip up like I wanted. But there is something strange happening.

I have everything set on utf8 in config.php, in my views, my database...

Everything is wonderfull as accents show up everywhere but... in my $data variables...

In order to show up properly on my webpage, I need to change this
Code:
$data['page_title'] = 'Bienvenue à ';
into
Code:
$data['page_title'] = utf8_encode('Bienvenue à ');

Anyone has an idea on how to solve the problem or how to utf8_encode the whole $data array?

I did try couple of array_walk tests without any success.

Best regards

Marc

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
Use my Codeigniter 1.7.2 UTF-8 Edition and you will not need any magic with UTF8. You can find link to it in my signature.

Nope. THis didn't solve my problem.

Data from the database still with accents while data from $data variables still with "squared question marks"

Anyone else?

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
Guess the file containing the $data declaration is not UTF-8.

[eluser]sl3dg3hamm3r[/eluser]
The question might be silly, but are you sure you editor saved your files (controller, view) in UTF-8?

I checked against dreamweaver config to confirm my editor is set to utf8.

But when I cat my files in linux command line, they indeed seems as they were not properly encoded.

I checked options in my ftp software (webdrive) only to find an option for utf8 filenames only.

Anyone to suggest me a php editor for that will solve my problem?

Regards

Marc

[eluser]sl3dg3hamm3r[/eluser]
Here you find a long discussion about plenty of editors...

ok, found a solution. But it's not totally sane to do this for all my files in all my sites.

After setting the BOM setting in dreamweaver, I was forced to do a file->new then paste the content of the "old" file and then "save as" overwriting the file.

My files are now utf8...

Does anybody know how I could "automate" this process for all files systematically in dreamweaver?

Marc

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
I worked in Dreamweaver 2 years ago, but today I use NetBeans or Notepad++.
Quote:Data from the database still with accents while data from $data variables still with “squared question marks”
You need to convert your database to utf8_general_ci and all you php scripts must be converted with "UTF-8 Without BOM". And(if you use my package) use(for example) utf8_strtolower instead of strtolower and all will be fine.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB