Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Removing index.php?/ for CI running under PHP4 with FastCGI

[eluser]Todd S[/eluser]
This is kind of fork off a thread I started yesterday, but I've just solved the initial problems which formed the context of that thread.

Anyway, I've got CI running under PHP4 via FastCGI in a special directory with an .htaccess file, but I'm seeing three behaviors when I try to access the default controller or "Welcome to CodeIgnitor" message.

1. www.domain.com/ci/index.php?/ - This works, I see the Welcome message and even the correct 4.4.2 phpinfo() which I've embedded.

2. www.domain.com/ci -Doesn't work. Apache 404 error -> "The requested URL /index.php/ was not found on this server."

3. www.domain.com/ci/index.php - Doesn't work. 404 Page not found from CI.

I've tried lots of different Rewrite Rules in my .htaccess file, but at this point I can live with index.php in the URL, if I can resolve the 404s and eliminate the trailing "?/".

The only thing in my .htaccess file now is:

Code:
AddType application/x-httpd-fastphp .php
Action application/x-httpd-fastphp /cgi-bin/php-cgi

I've tried a bunch of different settings in config, namely with $config['index_page'], but nothing seems to work. Everything is pretty much in a vanilla state at this time.

Code:
e.g. $config['index_page'] = "index.php";

Anyone have any clues?

[eluser]whidbey[/eluser]
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|assets|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /youfolder/index.php/$1 [L]

[eluser]Todd S[/eluser]
[quote author="whidbey" date="1187297106"]RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|assets|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /youfolder/index.php/$1 [L][/quote]

That didn't work, but I'm not even that concerned with Rewrite rules unless they help resolve the 404s and the trailing "?/".

Perhaps I should also mention I'm running under https: but I'm presuming that's not an issue.

[eluser]Todd S[/eluser]
Having much better success now just by changing the URI setting to 'REQUEST_URI'.

I can hit just the directory and index.php without any 404s, but I still have to carry the "?" into the controllers.

e.g. domain.com/ci/index.php?/welcome

Wondering if that's just the way it's going to have to work under FastCGI?

[eluser]whidbey[/eluser]
so use REQUEST_URI,same with meSmile

[eluser]Todd S[/eluser]
Yep, REQUEST_URI was the way to go here. No 404s and I've been able to remove the trailing "?".

On to the next problem I'm having ... the database autoload.

[eluser]whidbey[/eluser]
??

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
I had a prob that this post helped me with

I had a problem out of the blue with the default controller. It kept saying that the uri submitted was bad but it worked when I typed out the url into the browser.

I read this post and then went into the config file and changed the AUTO -> REQUEST_URI

Works like before again

Thanx guys

[eluser]socs[/eluser]
I endedup having to use the QSA option to get it to work. This is the rule I'm using...

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [QSA,L]

[eluser]John Fuller[/eluser]
For anyone coming across this thread, here is what worked for me.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB