Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Anybody have any experience createing an inventory table that uses FIFO?

[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
I'm looking for any examples, or pointers in the right direction for maintaining an inventory table that uses FIFO (first in first out)

Well I have successfully created a simple inventory system that tracks purchases and usage.

If anyone is interested I am happy to share the code in hopes others might be able to refine what I have done.

I think my system is pretty decent but I know there are far more skilled developers than I.

It uses the FIFO (first in first out method) and stores all usages grouped as a single transaction so that they can be updated as a group.

Thanks.

[eluser]seanloving[/eluser]
[quote author="megabyte" date="1264242048"]If anyone is interested I am happy to share the code in hopes others might be able to refine what I have done.[/quote]

I'm currently building an inventory system and I'd like to see what you (and others?) are doing. I'm jealous that it took you only a few days. I guess my challenge is learning HTML, CSS, PHP, OOP, CI and MySQL all at once.

Thanks
--Sean Loving

Well it isn't a full fledged inventory system.

I have more to build onto ti, but the hardest part for me was building the purchase/usage table which uses FIFO.

I'll PM then I can email every thing over to you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB