Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
building cms template for personal use

[eluser]CI2RULZ[/eluser]
I've created maybe around 12 or so content management systems from scratch at this point. Something that's easy to do when you either A. control the front end elements (similar to how wordpress or similar works), or B. you know what all the front end elements are, and you simply make those areas/regions database driven. text, images, videos, etc... easy. i enjoy building custom content management systems from scratch, but would like to take it one step further for myself.

What I'd like to do is build myself a simple template like system where I can take any design, and strap on the system I want to build, and have a something ready to go with very little work. No restrictions to front end elements or design, and no necessity of pre knowledge about the build... i.e. scenario - hey we have a site, can you add a cms to it... and all i do is select the text regions, images, videos to allow edits by identifying them by say a class name(s). My question is, how can I trigger the cms to know what element has a trigger name / class, to make that region editable in the system?

Does anyone see where I'm trying to go with this? This isn't something I want to be commercial or super complicated or anything, i just want to make my turn arounds as fast as possible with the least amount of work, but still deploy a custom cms that fits each project. one of my pet peeves is the content management systems that are the most popular, and what feels like a simple solution, actually becomes a pair of handcuffs. I don't want a reverse engineered website, and I don't want to build websites AROUND a cms... I want to be able to add a cms to any html website that supports php scripting. cms is universal, database is universal, and all the work needed is simple tagging or similar. any suggestions?

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
You could simply use cushycms.com, that is, Your sites need to have the content in (recommended PHP free) static files.

Quote:My question is, how can I trigger the cms to know what element has a trigger name / class, to make that region editable in the system?

Guess :
1. take the content
2. build a valid XML
3. work with it via PHP XML functions
4. write it back to where it comes from

I am working on a solution for a couple of my sites with static content, right now I have the user administration, the AC lists, a config writer, am attacking a content writer.

[eluser]CI2RULZ[/eluser]
yes, i suppose i'm looking at a way to build what cushycms seems to offer, but for my personal use.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB