Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
OO with PHP Book(s)

[eluser]atno[/eluser]
Hi guys,

I started using codeigniter (and php) again and i really like. All goes smoothly at first but after some coding i get lost in code that i don't understand and the problem is i dont know anything about OOP at all, only stuff i learned from codeigniter. Can someone suggest me some books for OOP with PHP? There are many books on the market but can't decide which one will help me get into OO "fast".

Thanks,
atno

[eluser]chaotiq[/eluser]
OOP concepts will work in any OOP language so you don't really have to follow one for php. I read through this and it helped me quite a bit. http://www.cafeaulait.org/course/week3/ It is focused on java but everything should work for php too.

[eluser]kmanlove[/eluser]
chaotiq is right. You can learn it from any type of coding. I learned from C++ and objective c. "Object-Oriented Thought Process" is good, and it's java. "Object Oriented PHP" was OK. "PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice" is decent too. Hope that helps.

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
Yep, OOP principles apply to about every language (some you have to code with objects....like Java, .NET, etc.)

I am a visual learner and looked these video tutorials over once. AS I recall, they moved a bit slow but are excellent.

EDIT: Here's a good short to-the-point kind of tutorial too.

[eluser]atno[/eluser]
Thanks a lot for your time guys, all of the above tutorials are awesome.

atno

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB