Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter and complex functionality

[eluser]viisik[/eluser]
[quote author="stef25" date="1264546455"]As mentioned before "a classified portal with images" is by no means a complex application, but I do understand why you are asking the question. There are not that many "high profile" sites out there that openly admit to being built on CI, the list that CI publishes is not that impressive and an outsider / non-developer may therefore mistakenly think it is on par with a little known CMS.
Let me assure you this is not the case and that CI is a very very capable piece of code. All independent tests and benchmarks (and Rasmus himself!) only praise CI - not that the number of operations CI can complete per sec will matter for your classifieds project.[/quote]

Hey, thanks for not throwing me with something , for asking that question.

It seems to me also that it was a fair question. in fact - on of the most important questions when considering framework is to make sure its a suitable framework for serious projects.

It is not convincing if more or less unknown programmers try to convince and explain here that yes - the CI framework is very suitable - there need to be websites that can back up the CI praize.

If you are running a big application there are also other aspects to consider for frameworks - like maintenance costs of the framework in the long run ( flexibility is not always a good thing if you have many programmers on a site etc. ), scalability etc.

[eluser]stef25[/eluser]
Quote:there need to be websites that can back up the CI praize

You can not really judge the quality of a site or application by the underlying technology. IMHO you have to judge it by the developer who built it.

A good perl developer will build and maintain your application much faster and better than a crappy CI developer.

Anyway, welcome to the club and good luck!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB