Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Changes in Session class?

[eluser]erik.brannstrom[/eluser]
Hi guys!

I have a webapp running on a hosting service that upgraded to PHP 5.3 the other day, and suddenly all these errors appeared. The app is about to be reworked from the ground up, but it hasn't been touched in more than a year. I realize though that a CI upgrade should do the trick, and it sort of did.

Problem is, once the errors disappeared I could no longer log in to the site. Or more specifically, I could log in (i.e. the session cookie was set) however my own simple auth library didn't seem to get it. I could still grab some data, but I soon realized that it couldn't get one of the values that was a boolean.

As a quick fix I dropped in the old (1.6.3) Session class, and it started working again. What makes me wonder is the fact that - as far as I can see - only sessions using a database should have been affected, a feature this app does not utilize.

I want to say that something is up with setting booleans in the session data, but I might very well be mistaken. Anyone else got some more info on this?

Best regards,
Erik Brännström

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB