Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
$this->db->cache_on(); doesn't work on server

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
Theres so many exploits on safe mode in the history of PHP that safe mode itself is not really very safe Smile On linux filesystems(ext based atleast) safe mode can be a pain in the arse as apache with mod_php will write files with apache as user and group. This can be finetuned with acl's on the system by host but the acl's can be changed by the user with bad chmodding so the acl's would have to be defined again.

I work in a hostingfirm and we use also FreeBSD based servers which are more "safe mode" friendly and thats because on freebsd apache writes files with apache user but with users own group and therefore we can set safe_mode_gid, which is safe mode but it uses the group instead of user to restrict usage. So in FreeBSD servers those "The script whose uid is ..." are not very common, but with linux + apache + mod_php that can happen all the time and the only SMART way to get rid of this, is to disable safe mode or use a server which runs PHP as cgi.

But as I said, safe mode itself is not(and should not be) the only protection for server so.. just ask your host to turn the safe mode off Smile

[eluser]DeaD SouL[/eluser]
well then.. i guess i'm going to turn it off

thanks a lot guys Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB