Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
$this->db->cache_on(); doesn't work on server

[eluser]DeaD SouL[/eluser]
Hi guys..

I've created this cms faipskuwait.com using codeigniter framework

but i do have problem with database caching, it works just fine on my local server

but when i've uploaded it on the internet.. it doesn't work.. and I don't know why

is there anything that should be enabled on the server or something?

btw, it creates the folders based on the controllers and methods, without the files that storing the results

Best Regards

any idea..?

thanks

I've activated the logging system

and this is what I got about the caching:

Code:
ERROR - 2010-01-28 14:07:25 --&gt; Severity: Warning  --&gt; fopen() [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.  The script whose uid is 10003 is not allowed to access /*****/caches/default+index owned by uid 48 /*****/system/helpers/file_helper.php 90

ERROR - 2010-01-28 14:07:25 --&gt; Severity: Warning  --&gt; fopen(/*****/caches/default+index/e93229248cba8e7a05bde6bf22bef54f) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Success /*****/system/helpers/file_helper.php 90

I think its because of the safe mode and folders owners

any idea how to solve this...!!

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
You need to give those folders correct permissions. It is all about it.
Quote:is not allowed to access

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
And, also check your safe_mode variable in php.ini. Turn it off. Of course, if you have access to it.

but the folder under caches/ have been created automatically by codeigniter, with 777 permissions

besides i wrote a code that deletes all the caches when i login in the cms control panel

so, you don't really mean that i should create the folders manually by ftp each time I login in control panel.. because when i create them they're bee owned by me, but when php creates them, they're owned by apache

thanks

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
Quote:so, you don’t really mean that i should create the folders manually by ftp each time I login in control panel.. because when i create them they’re bee owned by me, but when php creates them, they’re owned by apache
Of course, no :-) So, check the safe_mode variable. It needs to be turned off.

Oh good :p

but is not there any other solution instead of turning the safe mode off??

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
I think, no. Do you need safe mode? Why? There is a gold rule for web developers: never turn safe mode on!

to be honest, never heard of that rule..

in fact I think its increasing the security if safe mode is on

I believe thats why I turned it on

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB