Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Redux Auth - is it dead?

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
JanDoToDo,

I like you am dying for this. The lack of an easy to use and secure (I know, often times two opposed goals) auth library has been a problem for my advocating CI for our charity projects.

I'm wondering if we could find a config in the Ionize CMS Phil released?

[eluser]JanDoToDo[/eluser]
Phil - Just wondering... How does a user get created?!? The code suggests that someone can't sign up but their information has to be put in by an admin - Is this purposeful..?

[eluser]joytopia[/eluser]
Hello friends,

the config file is now at the right place. Great!
But I did not find any documentation? No quick start?

I began with Adam Griffits Authentication library, but Adam seems to give no support any more.
So I am wondering, if I should change to this one.

Any sugesstions?

Thanks and best regards
Bernd

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
Hi joytopia,
I think I've been able to make an ok amount of progress just by reading the code. Especially the config file, it is extremely well-documented.

As for choosing THE auth solution, I think that is one of Codeigniter's missing pieces. But when you consider the amount of functionality and flexibility Codeigniter gives us, it becomes something we can work around.

I tried Tank Auth but for some reason it brought up a host of errors. I'm sure it was something in my configuration although I tried to be careful and document everything on paper before trying it out.

I also saw a new Auth library from connors posted within the last week or two, that also looks quite promising along with this one.

Perhaps either of those can serve as a base for an auth solution. Best of luck

[eluser]joytopia[/eluser]
Thank you, 2think,
now I got it running. At the first glance it looks very well.

One question:

normally a controller starts like this:

Code:
class Test extends Controller {

function Test()
    {
        parent::Controller();

but the controller in Ion Auth starts like that:

Code:
class Auth extends Controller {

function __construct()
    {
        parent::__construct();

What is the difference, and how do I have to deal with it?

Thanks and best regards,
Bernd

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Sorry about the config file problem folks, that was a copy and paste error that went unnoticed for quite some time!

There is no documentation because this has not yet been released. I posted the link to the repository so it would help those that could work it out. Documentation will come later.

That said, Ben Edmunds is getting ready to release this now we are both happy with it being finished and bug-free. Remember folks, this is his project I have just been helping out.

Also please don't put my name anywhere NEAR Ionize. It is nothing to do with me, PyroCMS is my project.

[eluser]klompie[/eluser]
The group description is not retrieved from the database, this gives this error:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: auth/index.php
Line Number: 21

ion_auth_model.php, line 557:
$this->db->select('u.id, u.username, u.password, u.email, u.activation_code, u.forgotten_password_code, u.ip_address, u.active, g.name AS `group`);

should be:
$this->db->select('u.id, u.username, u.password, u.email, u.activation_code, u.forgotten_password_code, u.ip_address, u.active, g.name AS `group`, g.description AS `group_description`');

EDIT:
$this->ion_auth->is_admin() function is not working properly.
Non admin can access user management screen.

Ion_auth.php, line 283:
return (bool) $user_group == $admin_group;

I changed it to:
return $user_group == $admin_group;

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
[quote author="joytopia" date="1265217276"]Thank you, 2think,
now I got it running. At the first glance it looks very well.

One question:

normally a controller starts like this:

Code:
class Test extends Controller {

function Test()
    {
        parent::Controller();

but the controller in Ion Auth starts like that:

Code:
class Auth extends Controller {

function __construct()
    {
        parent::__construct();

What is the difference, and how do I have to deal with it?

Thanks and best regards,
Bernd[/quote]

Joytopia,

You can find more information here http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...aries.html. What that allows is for you to extend the Auth Controller and thus provide your controllers with the supplied functions. Tried to explain that quickly while at work so hope it helped as a quick summary.

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
Phil,

Thanks in advance to Ben Edmunds for the Ion_auth package. If Ben reads this or you send it to him, his Ion_auth looks like a very useful library.

As for your project - PyroCMS, keep up the great work on PyroCMS.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
klompie: Thanks for spotting the missing field but I can't work out your other issue.

I fail to see how typecasting would somehow inverse the result? Could you send me the code you were using that was causing a problem here?

(bool) is there purely for readability of the code. return $var1 == $var2 would always give TRUE/FALSE so (bool) would not change this at all.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB