Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Traffic-Intensive Sites on CI

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
What are some of the more traffic-intensive sites on CI. Does anyone know how CI would handle millions of pageviews a month? I need good case studies of this working.

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
[quote author="kkubasik" date="1264731662"]What are some of the more traffic-intensive sites on CI. Does anyone know how CI would handle millions of pageviews a month? I need good case studies of this working.[/quote]

CI has little to do with how a web server would handle millions of pageviews a month (which is not that many, realistically). What is built with CI, how it's being used by users, design choices... server, php, database and apache (or whatever web server) configurations, caching, concurrency, third party software... I could go on. There's a laundry list of things that will impact site performance significantly before CI's footprint could even be theorized.

The only calculation you can make about the footprint of a framework is per-instance. You can see how much memory is being allocated by PHP when using CI per page load. How that number scales with the number of users is entirely dependent dozens of other factors.

Even if it turned out that Facebook or Twitter were built on CI, you couldn't compare that to anything, there are too many variables to be able to say that CI had an impact one way or the other. It's all about preference and the specific needs of an application.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB