Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[SOLVED] Anyone used Perl w/ PHP for large file uploads?

[eluser]the real rlee[/eluser]
Hi guys,

im struggling to get the File/Upload library (and PHP by any means) to upload large files. I was wondering if anybody had tried using Perl for large file loads and had any examples of how i could integrate this into CI.

Cheers!

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
No, I haven't, but to address your PHP concerns - what is the issue? There is a filesize setting in php.ini that can be altered to allow files of any size you want. I believe the CI framework has a limitation configuration as well you could alter (only as high as the php.ini setting will allow).

Hi Walesmd,

yes its the PHP ini settings that have been giving me a headache. For some reason no matter what settings I adjust via htaccess i cant upload anything above 1M. Here's what I have in my htaccess:

Code:
php_value max_execution_time 1200
php_value post_max_size 64M
php_value upload_max_filesize 32M
php_value memory_limit 64M

php_info() is showing my new settings but its like as if the server is ignoring them

Any thoughts?

Update it directly in php.ini.

I have no access to php.ini because im on a shared host

switch hosts?

I really don't know of any other option - you are limited by php.ini and there's nothing you can do about it other than change that value.

Hmmm i dont have the option to swicth hosts unfortunately. they've been trying to diagnose the issue w/ me to no avail so far... The crazy thing is htaccess does actaully override those settings as it should

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
what is the message received when the system refuse the file ?

there's no message and from what i can see there's nothing in the logs either... the browser just bombs out

[eluser]deviant[/eluser]
Edit: nm, talking a load of bollocks Tongue

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB