Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
General: Speed issue when creating forms??

[eluser]123wesweat[/eluser]
Hi,

I was wondering which approach is better when creating a form and looking for optimize

Code:
<p>&lt;?php echo form_label('username: ').form_input('username');?&gt;
        <span class="error">&lt;?php echo form_error('username'); ?&gt;</span></p>
    <p>&lt;?php echo form_label('website: ').form_input('website');?&gt;
        <span class="error">&lt;?php echo form_error('website'); ?&gt;</span></p>

or

just plain html
Code:
<p><label>username: </label>&lt;input type="text" name="username" value=""  /&gt;        <span class="error"></span></p>
    <p><label>website: </label>&lt;input type="text" name="website" value=""  /&gt;        <span class="error"></span></p>

CI form library is awesome and easy to use, but php is opened and closed each time??? This might be a speed issue or not???

Any tips/suggestions??

[eluser]Mareshal[/eluser]
I am not using CI's form helper. Just plain html and sometimes I need set_value() from form_validation

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
Opening and closing php tags don't have any impact on execution time. However, no php will always be faster than some php.

html is executed by browser, and php is first interpreted by php compiler and then sent to browser. And CI form helper makes first a lot of includes before output

[eluser]123wesweat[/eluser]
[quote author="Mareshal" date="1265248441"]html is executed by browser, and php is first interpreted by php compiler and then sent to browser. And CI form helper makes first a lot of includes before output[/quote]

So the weak link/main subject is the server (hosting company)??

not really, but definitely a good server will handle better the php compiler. For example I was working now on a CI project and I saw that every query, no matter how long is, and now matter what's doing in DB is executed in max 0.0002, but most of them in 0.0001 . On my old host this was taking about 0.0009. So, yes, the hosting server influences the results

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB