Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter Tutorial Problem

[eluser]Jedi_Mind[/eluser]
Hi Guys,

complete newbie to CI and PHP..i've been going through the 20 minute weblog tutorial and i've got a problem!..im using xampplite on my pen drive and i've created a table in my DB using phpmyadmin.

im at the stage where i've entered the secret word "scaffolding" so my url looks like this localhost:1234/index.php/blog/scaffolding, the page loads as it should but when i click "create new record" i get this error message from firefox

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (hrrp) isn't associated with any program."

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

when i use Internet Explorer the page loads as it should, but when i click the create new record button the page does not load, and i get this message

The webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:
•Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

but if i highlight the url and press enter, the add a record page loads??..i then fill in the title and body fields and click insert, again i get the IE error message so i highlight the url and hit enter again..then i get this error message from codeigniter

A Database Error Occurred
You must use the "set" method to update an entry.

Well, hope i've provided enough info for you to work that one out?

Cheers for taking a look Smile

bump

somebody must know surely!?

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
in ./system/application/config/config.php, check that the value of $config['base_url'] is http://, not hrrp://

Hi, yeah i had it as http:// already and get the problem

any other ideas noctrum?

oh christ, i basically had 2 copies of all the folders and files and i was checking the wrong config file

as said, the other 1 did have hrrp

i could bang my head against the wall!!!!!! what an idiot Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB