Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
simple question with DMZ

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi everybody:
i'm working on my first CI project and I decided to use DMZ as well - just to keep things simple! I've run into a problem I don't really understand... I have three models: document, user and line. Relationships are defined as follows:

Code:
class Document extends DataMapper {

var $table = 'documents';
    var $model = 'document';

var $has_one = array('user');
Code:
class User extends DataMapper {

var $table = 'users';
    var $model = 'user';

var $has_one = array('line','document');
and finally
Code:
class Line extends DataMapper {

var $table = 'lines';
    var $model = 'line';

var $has_many = array('user');

Then in my controller I pass an $id for user, so that I can load:

Code:
$user = new User($id);

Easily enough, I can get the line for user by setting:

Code:
$user->line->get()

And now I would like to get the document for the user (which is a one-to-one relation which I have set up with an auxiliary table, BTW), but when I do this:

Code:
$user->document->get();

I get an error: "Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object".

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for the help,
Antonio

[eluser]12vunion[/eluser]
The most common reason is that the relationship isn't defined in both models. But yours is. Chances are that there's a problem with your Document model. Could be that you might have already loaded another class called Document. Try calling it the other way to be sure:
Code:
$document = new Document();
$document->where_related($user)->get();

If that errors out, then you have a problem with your Document model. Try just calling it Doc.

Also, you don't need to set the $model/$table variables for every model. That's only in very odd cases (like db->people, model->person... actually, that one probably works but you get it) where it can't easily pluralize the model name. I've had problems in DMZ where I set them, but didn't need to. Probably fine, but I'm just letting you know.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB