Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using Wordpress Admin with CodeIgniter Application

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey guys,

I've tried doing some research on this topic, but I haven't found an exact solution that suits my needs yet.

Basically I'm building a website in CodeIgniter, but using WordPress for the site's blog. Now what I would like to do is find a way to use the WordPress admin for administration of my CodeIgniter application, as opposed to writing a custom administration system from scratch directly in CodeIgniter.

All the other posts on this subject that I could find talked about implementing WordPress directly into CodeIgniter, so that you can use WordPress functions in your CodeIgniter application. This doesn't help me, because in my case, I want to keep my CodeIgniter application independent. The only function I may wish to share between the two applications is the user authentication system, but that can be implemented later.

Any ideas on how I would go about doing this? My first thought is to create some sort of custom API in my CodeIgniter application, that I can access through a WordPress plugin. I'm not too sure how I would do that though, and how secure it would be. Nonetheless I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
Scott

[eluser]stef25[/eluser]
If WP stores the logged in status in the php session, try doing a print_r($_SESSION) in any CI controller and see if anything usable shows up. If it does, you could copy the necessary values to a CI session and use those values throughout your app.

I'm not sure what your directory structure is?

Might be completely wrong on this.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
The user authentication integration is only something I may consider adding in the long run, not really interested in how to incorporate it at this point. What I'm really focused on is the administration integration.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
How did you go with a solution for this?

@stef25 nothing is shown in the session (I think WP uses DB sessions by default).

I've tried a few different ways, but I just get the WP login screen which just loops and won't show the CI pages.

[eluser]angeal99[/eluser]
Please provide us the code Sad

i`am need it

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB