Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Facebook, invalid URI

[eluser]wezzy[/eluser]
Hi, i'm trying to develop a new Facebook application using CI. I've choosen the IFRAME interface for my application and when i try to see the page i get "The URI you submitted has disallowed characters."

The problem is in the allowed characters that doesn't include "=" and "&". Just open /system/application/config/config.php and change the link 126 from:

$config['permitted_uri_chars'] = 'a-z 0-9~%.:_\-';

to

$config['permitted_uri_chars'] = '&=a-z 0-9~%.:_\-';

and everything seems to work.

Hope this helps

[eluser]FinalFrag[/eluser]
You don't see this so often.

"The problem is..." and "everything seems to work now" in the same post.

[eluser]wezzy[/eluser]
by telling the truth i have to admit that i have some more problem with FB and CI, maybe it was a bit early for the "everything seems to work now" :roll:

Anyway that specific error is solved.

[eluser]wezzy[/eluser]
Another issue with a Facebook IFRAME app is that FB always add some parameters to the url (ex index.php?api_key=...&others;=...) when call the application address. So it's necessary that you set config.php from

$config['uri_protocol'] = "AUTO";

to

$config['uri_protocol'] = "PATH_INFO";

otherwise CI tries to use the parameters passed to index.php to determine the controller name and of course it fails.

[eluser]248creative[/eluser]
I'm a recent RoR/Cake guy that's swapped worlds into CI and this is an issue that's been riding me for a day, so I appreciate the post. I've managed to ditch my "URI disallowed" issue, and now I've just got a 404 error that I'm tracking down.

Has anyone else had this error when making a CI/Facebook app? I will post my solution when I figure it out.

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
Did you change your config?
Code:
$config['uri_protocol']    = "PATH_INFO";
$config['enable_query_strings'] = TRUE;

[eluser]248creative[/eluser]
Yes, I changed my config and my disallowed character fields, but they weren't solving my 404 errors. I unfortunately don't have a specific solution, but a delete and re-upload of my base application folder solved my issue and got me up and running on Facebook.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB