Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
losing session data

[eluser]helphelp[/eluser]
Hi, i am losing session data. I think i have all 4k data used. At some point in my application, some new session data will be lost after i do redirect. I can echo them out right after i "set_userdata". But after i redirect to different function, that session is missing.

I am using redirect to jump from one function to another function.

I just setup session database support. Will this solve my problem?

Thanks

[eluser]omick[/eluser]
hmmm... check the destination controller of your redirect if it includes the session library unless you had the latter library autoloaded... check how you destroy your sessions, maybe some data are being affected... if you're storing big data or care about the security of your app then you should save your sessions in a dbase.

[eluser]helphelp[/eluser]
Thanks for the reply. Actually, i am using SAME controller. Redirect only to different functions within same controller. And i have put "$this->load->library('session');" at the construtor of this controller. And i didn't destory the session after the process finished. But losing session data happen before i destory the sessoin.

If i Saving Session Data to a Database, can i store more than 4k data?

thanks

[eluser]omick[/eluser]
there's no data being saved into the session database (i'm referring to the native session library), it only stores the session id, ip, etc, etc...

4K is the cookie limit so i "think" there's nothing you can do about that...

i think there are third party libraries who address this issue.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB