Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Managing Subscriptions with CI + Paypal

[eluser]NateL[/eluser]
With the Paypal library available, I want to set up a subscriptions system. A person will pay via Paypal, and their account will be updated to get the content they're paying for.

I know Paypal calls back upon a successful transaction, which runs the code to update a persons profile, and they get their subscription perks.

But, what happens when a person cancels their subscription? Does Paypal have any sort of communication with my system? How's that work?

Thanks,
-Nate

[eluser]KaBaDaBrA[/eluser]
Did you get this working at all? I am also trying to set up a recurring payment system using the PayPal_Lib library...

[eluser]liri[/eluser]
[quote author="NateL" date="1267094098"]With the Paypal library available, I want to set up a subscriptions system. A person will pay via Paypal, and their account will be updated to get the content they're paying for.
[/quote]

I actually didn't know there was one.
Nice, I'll give it a try Smile

[quote author="NateL" date="1267094098"]
But, what happens when a person cancels their subscription? Does Paypal have any sort of communication with my system? How's that work?
-Nate[/quote]

Yep, when a user cancels the subscription or it is "ended" or whatever other reason that gets the subscription to die, they send an IPN message (with different structure ofcourse) to the IPN address you specified.

Regards,
Liran.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB