Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Site review and memory

[eluser]Dregond Rahl[/eluser]
Hey everyone, its been a while but i finally got time to get back to coding

http://xdat.us

Is currently what im working on, but it seems the memory usage is bit much for a simple app like this i would like to know your opinion about it. can anyone advise me on anyway to improve the memory useage?

Thanks =]

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
1) Use partial, db cache(native, Memcached, APC, xCache, eAccelerator, etc...)
2) Optimize your php code
3) Optimize your mysql queries

[eluser]SerGz[/eluser]
I think, refactoring will be more useful/better after you'll finish application development.
Though, it's good if your queries/code are optimized from the beginning Smile
//It'd be useful if you enable Profiling

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
SerGz, excuse me, but what did I say?

[eluser]SerGz[/eluser]
Sbioko, sorry for misunderstanding (and for my bad english Wink )
I wanted to say, that it's not required(imho) for code to be excellent(like optimizing queries and code, like you said) from the beggining. I think it's even good Smile
Well the meaning of my post was _not to repeat your post, but to make a proposition that you're worrying too early about sites' performance and optimization.(my position in this question is to coded everything first and only then think about performance).
On the other hand, in the post i agreed with you that your points are good, of course Wink

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
Oh, excuse me :-) English is not my native language too :-) Never mind.

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]

Getting back to the topic Smile

I have just loaded the Welcome.php into my system and activated the PROFILER. After that I started to load the libraries and helpers that I use in the current project and the memory increased dramatically.

While you are in the development stage I would be tempted to load the libraries as and when required rather than auto-loading them.

For example: $this->load->database() takes an extra 6.1 MB. Is it required in your front page?

[eluser]Dregond Rahl[/eluser]
I think all pages require the database loaded because of sessions. Thanks for the tips everyone. Im just wondering if the memory usage is a little high, because on my desktop its showing memory usages like 2 MB or less. while on site its using 3 and higher.

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
Quote:For example: $this->load->database() takes an extra 6.1 MB.
What? 6MB for database library? Are you kidding? :-)

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]
[quote author="Sbioko" date="1267129485"]
Quote:For example: $this->load->database() takes an extra 6.1 MB.
What? 6MB for database library? Are you kidding? :-)[/quote]

You spotted my deliberate mistake Smile

I meant 0.61 MB

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB