Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI form not posting. on server, but working on localhost. gives error 500

[eluser]rudydelhi[/eluser]
Hi,

I am configuring a new site on server 1and1.com. Made a simple login form with username/password and trying to post the values, but it gives a strange error error

Error 500 - Internal server error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

This same script works well on my localhost. Tried every possible change in the config file and the form path.

Can any someone please out with this problem.

Thanks,
Rudy

[eluser]jkevinburton[/eluser]
can you post your htaccess file? or it could be server-side issue.

Hi,

I dont think this is a htaccess problem. because I removed all htaccess in the folders. it has to do with the routing or index.php I think. I gave action="member/login" but it give the 500 error before going to that page.

Thanks,
Rudy

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
An error 500 is a general error that is issued by the server whenever something goes wrogn that can not be explained by another error code. If you have removed all of your htaccess files (the most common reason for this error) and it is still occurring, I would:

Look over my code and make sure I'm not doing nayhting "crazy." If you are simply trying to submit a form contact 1and1 and ask them why this error is occurring. It definitely has something to do with the way they have the server (or PHP) setup.

Read more info about error 500 here: http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E500.html

[eluser]Crafter[/eluser]
500 type errors are normally associated with errors in the web server configuration.

Check the web server logs for details.

I solved this issue. Problem was in the .htaccess file.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB