Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Booking application

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi All,

I am currently planning to build a web-based travel agency, that would have among sections like news, articles, tips etc. a database of accommodation units, which would have the following features:
- list of units with many custom field parameters
- an advanced search function by parameters (region, price, sleeps, availability...)
- show the booking state,
- have an unit owners area where they could login to update current booking status and prices of their units.

The website would be built with EE 1.68 (or EE 2.0). And it is all quite clear except the booking system.

Few days ago I came across with a pretty interesting solution at Checkfront.com. You get an account on their website where you have the administration panel. They also provide you with a DropBox feature, which you can checkout here: DropBox demo. Customers can see the offers, make reservations according to availability and send the request.

I am pretty sure such an application or a EE module could be easily made with the power of CI. So, I am asking the experienced community, please guide me briefly what is my plan to make such an application, what should I start with, what Classes/Functions should I be using for such a application. Should anyone be interested in a Booking/Reservations module for EE or just a standalone CI application (which I consider to be not so far in technical sense from one another), I would be glad to collaborate with you to make it real.

Thank you in advance.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB